Responsible for implementing program services and individual supports according to prescribed individual program plan and organizational requirements. The Habilitation Aide trains/coaches and assists residents in personal hygiene and ADL skills: bathing, tilting, shaving, etc., using instructional methods according to individual needs and goals in order to obtain further development in independent functioning.
A. Must have a high school education, or equivalent,
B. Must have completed a Certified Nursing Assistant course as specified by the Illinois Department of Public Health as well as completed the Certified Nursing Assistant competency examination OR
C. Must have completed an approved Direct Support Professional training course and be listed on the Direct Support Professional Registry.
D. Must possess current CPR certification or become certified within ninety (90) days of employment.
E. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
F. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
G. Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously within a team environment that is resident centered
H. Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful and have patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Render care to clients as directed and in accordance with clients individual program plan,
* Follows established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress code,
* Reports all concerns, complaints made by the client or their family to the Administrator,
* Conducts regular rounds to assure clients are safe and comfortable,
* Assists with lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting clients into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, showers, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
* Answers call lights promptly,
* Completes check of skin condition when dressing, undressing, repositioning, etc. and reports alterations in skin integrity or changes in condition to the nurse.
Perform other related duties as assigned.