Responsible to provide direct nursing care to the customer, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, facility policies. The objective is to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN in the State of Illinois and/or Wisconsin.
* Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures.
* Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in care of the aged.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function
* Accepts and supports as directed by appropriate authority. This may require different floor, customers, work load, and multiple tasks as assigned.
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden for a respective unit.
* Assume all Nursing procedures and protocols are followed in accordance with established policies.
* Directly supervise and instruct the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden on a number of topics to promote job knowledge.
* Ensure all the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden follow established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
* Assist in developing a written plan of care for each customer that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
* Attends and actively participates in customer care plan conference as directed.
Perform other related duties as assigned.