Responsible for performing the daily activity calendar requirements set by the Dementia Unit Coordinator. Achieves and maintains the highest quality of life for each resident, with understanding of all psychosocial, medical, and activity needs/preferences.
* Hold a high school education or equivalent
* Have at least 1 year experience working in the healthcare field, volunteering or personal experience with the disabled population
* Current knowledge of Federal and State activity regulations and/or ability to understand and interpret
* Be able to read and write English
* May prefer bi-lingual abilities base off of individual facilities
* Must be punctual, in personal calendar and activity calendar
* Possess the qualities of empathy, compassion, understanding, enthusiasm, and humor in order to effectively interact with residents, families, and staff.
* Must be able to relate and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
* Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, family members, personnel and support
* Must be in good health
* Provide feedback to the Memory Care Coordinator for monitoring achievement of facility and program goals through a team approach.
* Lead therapeutic person centered activity program which constantly strives to enhance the quality of life of each resident and meet the Pathways and Activity Mission and Philosophy
* Become knowledgeable of each individual resident’s background, cultural, life history, disease and medical care needs in detail to ensure an appropriate person-centered activity plan.
* Activities shall be daily and shall reflect the schedules, choices, and rights of the residents
* Be able to understand communication needs of residents, such as language services, communication boards, etc
* Be flexible to meet the change in residents needs
* Per direction of the Pathways Director, conduct, oversee, and complete initial and all on-going assessment, including but not limited to social, medical, cognitive, communication abilities, spiritual needs, physical, neuro-psychological, behavioral, amongst others as it relations to individual activity/leisure,
Perform other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (CNA) Preferred
FULL TIME AND PART TIME evenings and weekends