Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and supervision of the restorative nursing program for the facility. Acts as the liaison between formalized therapy and nursing. Promotes a restorative nursing philosophy among all facility departments and work closely with the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden to ensure the restorative plan of care is being followed thereby, promoting customer’s to their highest level of function.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN or an LPN in the state of Illinois.
* Must be restorative certified by an accredited school or recognized accrediting agency.
* Must possess current CPR certification or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must function independently, have flexibility, person integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the customer, family members, personnel, and support agencies.
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct restorative care services, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern nursing care facilities.
* Maintains a current list of customer’s participating in a restorative program on each unit. For each unit, these lists will be specific as to ambulation, ROM, ADL, assistive feeding devices, splints, hand cones/contracture care, bladder retraining, falling star or other restorative program details.
* Sets up documentation flow sheets/and or electronic medical record system for daily documentation of restorative nursing measures for each customer on the program.
* Makes a quarterly progress note. Ensures all restorative care notes are informative and descriptive of the treatment provided and of the customer’s response to the care.
* Oversees all restorative nursing measures are reflected on the care plan as an approach to the problem or need for which they are being done.
* Oversees that customers get formalized therapy, as indicated, and that the necessary assistive feeding and/or ADL devices are obtained as recommended.
* Works with Nursing and Dietary to see that these assistive devices are consistently available and that they are addressed on the care plan.
Perform other related duties as assigned.