JOB SUMMARY: :
Assists in monitoring medication program and administrating medication to residents under the supervision of licensed wellness nursing staff and wellness director. Provides routine daily nursing care and services that support the care delivered to residents in accordance with the established nursing care procedures and as directed by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: :
* Assist in monitoring the medication program
* Order and receive medication
* Record and update medication administrative files
* Prepare and assist with self-administration of medication
* Upon authorization by licensed nursing staff and/or residents treating physician, administer PRN medications and document according to State Standards in all areas or the resident chart
* Organize assigned medication duties to pour, pass, and document all routine prescribed medication
* Keep all medications in appropriate storage areas and under lock at all times
* Communicate with residents, families, pharmacies, and wellness leadership teams regularly
* Assist in updating service plans and monthly care logs, as needed
* Assist in scheduling doctor appointments and travel arrangements, as needed
* Assist in training team members and new hire orientations, as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: :
* Must have certification from a state approved education program.
* Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative setting.
* Graduation from high school or equivalent required.
* Previous Nursing Assistant experience or student nurse preferred.
* Completion of certification program for Nursing Assistants preferred.
* Experience working with the elderly is desirable.
* Must be able to read, speak, and write the English language.
* Must be certified in C.P.R., first aid training, and documentation of Personal Hygiene training with nurse instructor.