An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Prepare exciting meals that meet the dietary guidelines. Your “customers” (our residents) are sure to appreciate your special efforts in making their food enticing while making sure it’s the nutritional, healthful food they need.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Responsible for the preparation of food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures
* Assure that quality food service is provided at all times
* Read menus, recipes, and review all necessary steps in meal preparation with the Dietary
* Requires a knowledge of and or ability to prepare therapeutic diets.
* Prepare all necessary menu items, determine quantity of food needed and follow recipes
* Serve meals using portions listed on menu; use proper food preparation and handling techniques
* Cover, date, and label all leftovers and store properly
* Follow established security routine; use proper infection control techniques and protective
equipment; use proper safety techniques
* Receive and check all deliveries against invoices issues by Dietary Supervisor
* Operate department specific equipment
Provide verbal and written communication to perform the tasks required
* Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of 6 months experience cooking in a health care setting preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A positive attitude toward the elderly required. Must have the ability to read and follow recipes and understand therapeutic diets. Ability to operate department specific equipment
required. Sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required.