An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Performs a variety of general tasks in cleaning resident rooms, offices, public areas, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility, to create and maintain a safe, clean and orderly environment for residents, visitors, and associates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION::
* Maintains floor and other surfaces by independently operating, electric washing, stripping, waxing, polishing and vacuuming equipment, making adjustments to control and operation techniques to obtain optimum results.
* Performs all general cleaning duties in assigned work area such as offices, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and resident rooms by dusting, sweeping, scrubbing, mopping and vacuuming using approved procedures, materials and equipment.
* Inspects assigned area to ensure compliance w/ department standards; assures security; reports deficiencies.
* Replenishes dispensers for such items as soap, hand towels, toilet tissue and toilet seat covers in assigned area.
* Properly disposes of all refuse such as paper, medical supplies, glass, pressurized cans, isolated trash and other items by depositing in appropriate receptacles through specified procedures.
* Transports and disposes of soiled linen in proper areas through approved methods.
* Cleans and maintains all receptacles and replaces w/ proper size, type and color of plastic liners as needed.
* Moves equipment/furniture as needed.
* Cleans equipment such as wheelchairs, gurneys and hamper holders according to established procedures.
* May perform other routine duties assigned such as: Moving and delivering materials throughout the facility; sanitizing beds, mattresses, furniture and units w/ approved materials through specified procedures and makes up bed w/ fresh linen in specified manners.
* Participants in staff development within the department and in courses required by the facility.
* Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting w/ other personnel, residents, and the public.
* Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS::
* High School Graduate or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to communicate and understand oral and written instructions in English. Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.