An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Must be C.N.A. :
Assist and accompany all residents who are transferred to and from the facility via the facility vehicle.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Complete a safety checklist and orientation and take corrective action before operating facility vehicles
* Safely transport residents to doctors’ appointments and organized outings
* Assist residents to enter and exit the vehicle
* Report significant changes in resident’s condition or poor tolerance for travel
* Make deliveries, pick up supplies and equipment; load and unload vehicle
* Take vehicle for scheduled or other necessary maintenance
* Patient, polite and able to communicate well with residents, their family members and facility staff
* Stay with residents during appointments
* Annual OMV check
* Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 1 year previous transportation experience required. Valid driver’s license appropriate for the heaviest class vehicle to be driven. Current CPR and First Aid Certification. Certified Nurse Aide license recommended.