CERTIFIED MEDICATION AIDE:
This position is responsible for providing daily care and services to assure each resident attains or maintains his/her highest practicable level of function under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
* High school graduate or GED.
* Current Nursing Assistant Certification.
* Current state certification as medication aide.
* Registered in good standing with registry board
* Minimum of 6 months experience in a long term care setting preferred.
* Ability to follow direction with minimal oversight.
* Organizational skills.
* Knowledge of safety regulations.
* Knowledge of supplies and equipment used by department and the care of this equipment.
* Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
* Ability to tactfully deal with facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, etc.
* Meet all health requirements imposed by law.
* Basic data entry skills and the ability to type.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares and administers oral, eye, ear, nasal, topical and suppository medications as prescribed by physician.
* Prepares and administers PRN medications only after obtaining approval from Charge Nurse.
* Prepares and administers controlled drugs as permitted by the state.
* Documents administration of medications.
* Count controlled drugs when coming on shift and going off duty.
* Reorder unit dose medication per facility policy.
* Apply ice bags and hot water bottles as directed by Charge Nurse.
* Performs job duties as outlined in State Registered Nursing Assistant job description.
* Maintains resident environment in clean, sanitary, comfortable manner that eliminates potential safety hazards.
* Maintains resident’s privacy and dignity.
* Monitor for changes in resident condition and notify Charge Nurse
* Follow established safety and infection control procedures.
* Participates in all required inservice training.
* Maintains safe working conditions and follows dress code.
* Reports to supervisor all complaints and grievances made by residents, families and visiting individuals.
* Adheres to and promotes Code of Conduct.
* All other duties as assigned.