$2,000 Sign on bonus:
CHARGE NURSE RN/LPN:
This position is responsible for the daily provision of nursing care and services to assure each resident attains or maintains his/her highest practicable level of function.
* Graduate from accredited school of nursing.
* License in good standing with licensure board
* Minimum of 6 months of experience in a long term care setting preferred.
* Ability to follow direction with minimal oversight.
* Organizational skills.
* Knowledge of current standards of nursing practice.
* Knowledge of safety regulations.
* Knowledge of supplies and equipment used by department and the care of this equipment.
* Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
* Ability to tactfully deal with facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, etc.
* Meet all health requirements imposed by law.
* Basic data entry skills and the ability to type.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
* Direct and render nursing care to residents within assigned unit according to current standards of nursing practice, state, federal regulations and resident care plan.
* Direct and supervise the day-to-day functions of nursing assistants and other staff being supervised.
* Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as ordered by physician.
* Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer treatments as ordered by physician.
* Visit all assigned residents at regular intervals during tour of duty.
* Supervise feeding of residents as necessary.
* Notify physician, resident or responsible party when residents’ conditions warrant.
* Perform administrative duties such as the documenting of: nurses notes, doctors orders, discharge plans, dietary changes, reports, evaluations, studies, billing and other charge slips, miscellaneous forms, charts, resident assessments and care plans.
* Chart pertinent facts and information in a professional and comprehensive manner.
* Admit, transfer and discharge residents according to policy.
* Recognize and respond to changes in residents’ condition and document observations, assessments, notifications, interventions and outcomes.
* Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments such as; dressing changes, finger stick blood glucose readings, drawing of blood, catheter insertion/changes, IV insertion/removal, feeding tube insertion/removal, lab work, etc…
* Perform emergency procedures such as CPR/Heimlich Maneuver, and in the event of death, notify family, coroner (if applicable) and funeral home.
* Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when they occur.
* Communicate all pertinent resident information to unit staff at beginning of tour of duty and to oncoming nursing staff at end of tour of duty.
* Supervise and participate in fire safety and other disaster drills, and be prepared to carry out duties in the event of actual fire or disaster.
* Assist with orientation, instruction and supervision of other nursing personnel as assigned.
* Be able to keep adequate records.
* Able to take emergency call.
* Follow established safety and infection control procedures.
* Participates in all required inservice training.
* Maintains safe working conditions and follows dress code.
* Reports to supervisor all complaints and grievances made by residents, families and visiting individuals.
* Adheres to and promotes Code of Conduct.
* All other duties as assigned.