Now hiring On Call RN or LPN for Weeknight package!:
$5,000 sign-on bonus for Full weeknight package position:
$2,500 sign-on bonus for Part weeknight package position:
Great opportunity to supplement your current income. We proudly offer competitive compensation and benefits package. :
On Call overnight schedule includes 4:30P - 8:00A.:
Full weeknight package position = 3-4 weeknights per week:
Part weeknight package position = 1-2 weeknights per week:
Great Opportunity For::
* Nurse seeking extra income to supplement current paycheck:
* Nurse desiring 1:1 patient contact:
* Retired Nurse not ready to hang up scrubs:
* Monday - Thursday on call position:
* Pay options to meet your needs: package pay or hourly with pager time:
* Paid mileage:
* Enhanced training program:
* Holidays are on a rotation basis:
* Great opportunity to join our collaborative and experienced team. :
To be considered, complete our online employment application! :
Care Initiatives Hospice - Albia proudly serves patients in their homes and in long-term care facilities in the following counties: Appanoose, Clarke, Davis, Decatur, Jefferson, Keosauqua, Lucas, Mahaska, Marion, Monroe, Wapello, and Wayne. :
Drug Screen Required!:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The registered nurse is responsible to provide all weekend on-call nursing services to Care Initiatives patients, including telephonic and in-person management of patients, families, caregivers, referral sources, and community. In addition, scheduled visits may be assigned during this time. Responsible to oversee licensed practical nurses assigned to Care Initiatives Hospice patients; responsible to establish and manage hospice aide/hospice homemaker services provided to patients/families/caregivers. Functions according to operational policies and procedures to meet patient/family/caregiver needs in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements, Care Initiatives Hospice Policies and Procedures, and Care Initiatives Hospice Clinical Team Procedures.
* Completes initial nursing assessment/evaluation of patients.
* Coordinates implementation of initial care plan for patients.
* Completes comprehensive nursing assessment/evaluation of patients.
* Coordinates development and implementation of comprehensive care plan.
* Regularly re-evaluates patients’ needs revising care plan as needed and communicating patient assessments to the team.
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Functional literacy in English
* Insurable by Care Initiatives’ auto insurance carrier and have automobile liability insurance
* Some travel
* Registered nursing education
* Current, valid Iowa registered nurse license
* Current Iowa driver’s license
* Current, valid CPR certification
* Obtain Hospice and Palliative Registered Nurse Certification (CHPN) within three (3) years of employment (optional)
* Knowledge of care of the terminally ill
* Knowledge of federal and state hospice regulations and laws
* Minimum two year recent clinical experience in hospice, home health, medical/surgical, oncology, or public health nursing
* Demonstrated patience, tactful, supportive and sensitive approach to patient/family/caregiver needs
* Ability to plan, organize and utilize patient/family teaching principles regarding health care needs
* Ability to exercise independent judgment, plan and organize
* Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
* Ability to access businesses and patient homes
* Ability to provide lifting, turning and ambulatory assistance to patients
* Ability to function with minimal supervision
* Willingness to handle difficult situations
EOE / AAP Veterans and Disabled