The Wellness Associate reports to the Wellness Director and the Wellness Manager and provides services and care to each Resident based on the individual Resident Service Plan.
Wellness Associate Procedure::
* Assists Residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene, and mobility if needed.
* Maintains an awareness of each Resident’s general state of physical and mental health and reports any changes at once to the Wellness Director.
* Keeps an inventory of medical supplies on hand and assists with ordering when necessary.
* Assists with finding shift coverage when unexpected call outs occur.
* Develops and helps maintain assignments for the Wellness Director.
* Assists in orienting and on-boarding of new Wellness Associates.
* Responds to Resident emergencies; provides first-aid and arranges for appropriate medical follow-up.
* Assists Residents in keeping their units clean, neat, and orderly.
* Answers calls for assistance and attends to Resident needs promptly.
* Assists Residents with clothing and laundry needs if instructed to do so.
* Assists Residents with meal selection, service, and feeding as assigned.
* Assists with activity program as assigned.
* Maintains records according to policy.
* Maintains files as needed.
* Participates in a minimum of 6 hours in-service education per year.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
Compliance and Safety::
* Follows all emergency procedures
* Understands all safety policies and procedures.
* Communicates effectively with Wellness Director and other staff.
* Immediately advises and Wellness Director and/or Wellness Manager of anychanges in physical and mental health of Resident.
* Current State Nurse’s Aide registration.
* Experience and passion in working with seniors.
* Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending,and lifting up to 60 pounds.
* Able to maintain positive working relationships with Residents, their families, peers,and other staff members.
* In good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases.
* Physically able to bend and reach.
* Physically able to push and pull and lift up to 60 pounds at times.
* Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
* Could be required to use a Hoyer Lift.
* May be required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
* May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
* May be required to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per day).
* Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including HIV,AIDS, and Hepatitis B and C viruses.
* Could be subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents due to mental status.
* Background, criminal, and drug tests may be required.
* May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
* May have their picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.
* May be video recorded from devices installed by families in residents’ apartments.