Now hiring a Dietary Aide to join our team. :
Competitive pay and benefits package provided.:
Under supervision of the Dietary Services Manager and on-site direction of the Cook, the Dietary Assistant provides assistance and support in the delivery of dietary services. Functions within strictly defined written procedures and verbal instructions with little or no latitude for variation or change.
* Must be willing to complete the following during new hire orientation:
* Food, Safety, and Sanitation Study Courses
* Modified Diet Training
* Demonstrated skills in quantity food preparation and service.
* Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
* Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
* Perform various food preparation/covering/labeling tasks as assigned.
* Prepare and serve beverages per recipes and according to temperature recommendations.
* Set up trays and food service carts accurately and timely.
* Neatly arrange tray and/or table settings with proper tableware, condiments, and tray card.
* Serve meals to residents, in accordance with established schedules, dietary procedures, and residents’ rights/quality of life principles.
* Assist in the delivery of nourishment’s/supplements to specified residents as scheduled.
* Assist in maintaining tray cards accurately, orderly, and sanitary making changes as directed.
* Assist in maintaining dry storage areas by monitoring temperatures and handling the unpacking, dating, and rotating of food and non-food supplies as directed.
* Clear tables and remove dishes/trays from dining room to dishwashing room.
* Scrape/empty soiled dishes, disposing of waste according to procedure.
* Properly load dish machine and operate automated dishwashing solution dispensing system.
* Record proper operating temperatures and sanitizing agent parts per million.
* Supervise travel of dishes through dish machine.
* Unload dish machine and sorts clean dishes.
* Wash/sanitize items by hand as necessary.
* Follow oral and written directions.
* Attend in-service training programs for Food Service employees.
* Follow all facility safety policies and procedures.
* Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
* Assume accountability for data contained in the employees’ handbook.
* Perform other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
* Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
* Observe infection control procedures related to the Dietary Department.
* Follow Residents’ Rights policies at all times.
Delegation of Authority:
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
* Follow menus and prepare food and beverages
* Organize duties to complete tray service in a timely manner
* Assure kitchen equipment and surfaces are clean and sanitized according to dietary procedures
* Store food in compliance with dietary procedures
Position reports to: Dietary Services Manager
Position Supervises: None