The Cook performs independently in a variety of assignments relating to the preparation of meals to patients and patrons of the Medical Center. Follows appropriate sanitation regulations concerning food handling, preparation, storage and ware washing. The employee is expected to be involved in the planning and facilitation of change in an effort to continually improve the services of the Nutrition Department.
- Prepares meals for patients and patrons in a timely, accurate and organized way.
- Practices proper sanitation and inventory control by using the FIFO method, labeling and dating products, disposing of outdated products, washing hands and wearing gloves and communicates low stock items to management.
- Participates in ordering and receiving orders from vendors.
- Follows appropriate portion control to assure cost containment and dietary compliance.
- Operates essential equipment to their job duties and restocks stations.
- Participates in sanitation of department to include but not limited to: cleaning service ware and pots, sweeping and mopping, breaking down cardboard, disposing of trash and cleaning/sanitizing carts and surfaces using appropriate chemicals.
- Participates in the preparation and plating of salads, sandwiches, while following recipes and portion standards. Is responsible for processing catering orders and maintaining product for either the hot or cold service station.
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: Culinary Training, Associates degree in Foodservice or Bachelors in Foodservice or Nutrition
Minimum Years of Experience:
Required: 2 years of customer service or food service experience