Salary is dependent on job experience.
DIRECTOR OF NURSING:
This position is responsible for directing and supervising the clinical operations within the facility.
* Graduate from accredited school of nursing.
* Registered Nurse in good standing with licensure board
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a long term care or nursing management preferred.
* Self-motivated, self-directed with leadership skills.
* Organizational skills.
* Ability to direct and motivate others.
* Knowledge of record keeping.
* Knowledge of care and services provided by department and the regulatory requirements for the care and services.
* Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
* Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
* Ability to present information to a varied audience and assess retention of education.
* Ability to tactfully deal with facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, etc.
* Meet all health requirements imposed by law.
* Advanced data entry skills and the ability to type.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the Nursing Services Department, as well as related programs and activities.
* Provide direction, oversight, evaluation and discipline of nursing personnel to assure adhere to facility policies and procedures, current standards of nursing practice, job descriptions, state and federal regulations.
* Assist Director of Clinical Operations with the development and updating of nursing policy and procedure manuals.
* Make routine rounds and authorize or conduct tours with others, such as the Administrator, physicians, other facility, staff, government representatives and visitors.
* Identify changes in resident condition, accidents, incidents, grievances, significant clinical trends and works with nursing department to assure proper assessment, notification, reporting, documentation and care and services are provided.
* Develop and oversee methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services.
* Recruit and retain the number and levels of nursing personnel necessary to meet the nursing care needs of each resident. Oversee and approve scheduling of nursing personnel.
* Assist with the development and provision of staff training programs for nursing service personnel.
* Participate in the planning and budgeting for Nursing Services.
* Ensure that all health services notes are informative and descriptive of the supervision and care rendered including the resident’s response to his or her care.
* Assess the nursing requirements for each resident prior to and upon admission and assist the Attending Physician in planning for the resident’s care.
* Complete preadmission screens and notify Administrator of any clinical barriers to admission.
* Direct, oversee and participate in the development and implementation of the resident assessment (MDS) and comprehensive care plan.
* Assure that nursing care personnel are administering care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, current standards of nursing practice, state and federal regulations.
* Actively participates in facility’s Quality Assurance/Continuous Quality Improvement program to assure departmental activities are conducted in a manner consistent with local, state and federal regulations
* Prepares and submits reports, as directed by Administrator.
* Delegates authority as necessary.
* Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions, and other information to residents, employees and the facility.
* Able to be on call.
* Participate in committee meetings, orientation, inservices, workshops and institutes.
* Be able to keep adequate records.
* Able to direct and motivate other nursing employees.
* Follow established safety and infection control procedures.
* Participates in all required inservice training.
* Maintains safe working conditions and follows dress code.
* Reports to supervisor all complaints and grievances made by residents, families and visiting individuals.
* Adheres to and promotes Code of Conduct.
* All other duties as assigned.