This is a Part-time (3 days per week) position working in our Danville Thrift Shoppe located at 444 Diablo Road, Danville, CA 94526
Do you have a flair for fashion? Appreciate vintage merchandise? We're hiring creative individuals who want to make a real difference!
Hospice of the East Bay (HEB) operates five Thrift Shoppes throughout Contra Costa County, featuring a wide range of vintage items, clothing, fine and custom jewelry, collectibles, furniture, household items, art work, books, CDs and DVDs - all donated by members of our community. Come see what makes us the best!
HEB's Thrift Shoppes significantly impact our organizations ability to support our patients and their families. Come join our team and make a real difference when you go to work! This exciting position will have the opportunity to work in all five of our Shoppe's.
Reporting to the Shoppe Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring a great customer experience by performing sales and register transactions, and in providing customer service, merchandising and donation process support in the Hospice Thrift Shoppes
· Performs the essential functions of the job.
· Cashiering and end of day register closeout
· Provides excellent customer service
· Assists volunteers as needed
· Receives, screens and prices donations
· Distributes, organizes and processes merchandise as directed
· Vacuums and cleans Shoppe as needed
· Maintains availability to help customers as well as to deter shoplifting
· Attends meetings as needed
· Explains the Hospice mission to donors and shoppers when asked
· Demonstrates the skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to be successful in the job as outlined in the position requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to interact with volunteers and to work with the public
· Familiarity with cash register balancing procedures and ability to count out change
· Ability to lift 20 pounds
Experience and Education
· High School diploma or equivalent preferred
· Previous retail, sales and/or cashiering experience desirable
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO OUR WEBSITE: http://www.hospiceeastbay.org/about/careers