A BHS Security Officer is responsible for safeguarding, patrolling and monitoring buildings, grounds and property for the purpose of protecting lives, property, prevent theft, fire, vandalism and unauthorized entry while abiding to and enforcing hospital policy and procedure. The Security Officer will assist visitors, patients, vendors and staff providing excellent customer services, hospitality and a positive experience. The Security Officer will provide accurate information, directions and respond to all emergency situations. BHS Security Officers are not commissioned as Police Officers. BHS Security Officers do carry less-than-lethal weapons and handcuffs.
1. Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent (prefer Associate’s degree or higher in any discipline)
2. Must be able to become certified by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety at the Basic Training certificate level.
Candidates must posses one or more of the following:
1. Associate’s degree or higher in any discipline
2. Service in the active duty military, military reserves, or National Guard
3. Service in the auxiliary police or police cadet
4. Meaningful and verifiable work history
5. Minimum of one year verifiable work history as a security officer