The Clinical Manager has twenty-four (24) hour responsibility for the management of nursing and technologist practice and operations in the assigned units. This includes, but is not limited to, the management of: supply chain and budget, clinical nursing practice, staff recruitment, retention, labor relations, education, employee performance evaluation, quality improvement, as well as, internal and external regulatory and survey requirements. The Clinical Manager collaborates with multiple professionals to support and coordinate the provision / management of patient care. He or she works closely with clinical Directors, physicians and staff in insuring that the unit maintains the highest standards of patient care and is responsive to the needs of the patient & family as well as the organization. The Clinical Manager is the Nursing Leader of the Labor & Delivery, Post Partum and Level II Nursery units and has the ability to create and empower teams to embrace and implement change that will improve the clinical, operational, and financial performance.
The Clinical manager is responsible for developing and attaining the unit's goals.
1. Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
2. Master's degree in Nursing or in a health-related field is preferred (may be in progress)
3. Three (3) years progressive clinical leadership and ability to demonstrate competency in management skills.
4. Three (3) years clinical experience in specialty area.
5. Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills and teamwork
6. Ability to organize, prioritize and delegate appropriately.
1. Current California RN license required.
2. CPR certification
3. Specialty certification preferred
Interventional and Operating Room:
1. Current fire and safety certification within 90 days of hire.