This position represents the Physicians Clinics on the telephone and at the front desk. The position requires a high level of professionalism and customer service skills. Must be well organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task efficiently and perform in fast paced work environment. Other duties within scope as assigned.
1. Answers telephone promptly and directs calls appropriately.
2. Greets patients warmly and respectfully.
3. Communicates efficiently and effectively with patient and significant others and keeps them informed.
4. Obtains complete demographic and insurance information and enters into the system accurately.
5. Respects the confidentiality of patient information and adheres to regulations for the privacy of protected health information.
6. Schedules appointments according to established protocols.
7. Shows concern and respect for others by dealing with people in a compassionate, sensitive and responsive manner.
8. Takes accurate messages and processes them in a timely manner.
9. Updates Patient Summary Sheet at the time of each encounter.
10. Verifies insurance coverage and collects co-payments at time of service.
11. Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Preference for graduate of an accredited medical receptionist or similar program, or two years in a health care setting will be considered.
Prefer two years working in general medical office or similar healthcare experience. Experience with equal level of responsibility and customer service will be considered.
American Heart Association, Basic Life Support certification required.
Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
Medical office environment. Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.