Summary of Duties:
Responsible for managing and overseeing the referral process and marketing of all hospitals and surrounding territories. Responsible for developing and implementing census volume growth strategies within a geographic region or territory in order to maintain referral relationships, generate new referrals and meet census volume goals. This position will require 100% travel throughout the division.
Essential Job Functions:
* Collaborates with Director of Business Development to ensure consistent, appropriate admissions, transfers and marketing to maximize referrals and facilitate admissions.
* Communicates Concerns, market information on competitors, and gives feedback from referral sources to the Director of Business Development.
* Serves as an interim Clinical Marketing Liaison on an as needed basis.
* Works with Director of Business Development in identifying, overseeing and facilitating marketing opportunities for referring hospitals, physicians, community and all other referral sources as it relates to an increase in census volume growth for all hospitals, as needed.
* Collaborates with liaisons on strategic territory planning as needed.
* Assists liaisons with personal sales/marketing strategies and goals as needed.
* Oversees territory schedules as relates to census volume growth.
* Assists with the execution of reports requested by the Director of Business Development.
* Develops or assists in the development and implementation of hospital sales strategies and goals as part of the marketing planning process in order to increase census volumes and generate additional referrals (weekly, quarterly).
* Visits physician offices (inside/outside the host hospital) for the purpose of generating new referrals through solid relationship building and educational marketing.
* Markets services to all potential referral sources (physicians, case managers, discharge planners, prospective patients and other target groups according to the marketing plan(s).
* Assists with coordination of marketing events throughout the year to promote and provide marketing and educational opportunities for potential referral sources.
* Attends in-services, Continuing Medical Education, and Continuing Education Units programs sponsored by the Organization.
* Assists with pre-admission evaluations and provides necessary information to team for purpose of making decision regarding admission, i.e. medication, equipment, procedures, medical equipment, etc.) within 24-48 hours of the referral.
* Performs on an as needed basis thorough pre-admission patient assessment and determines acceptance based on the following admission criteria: medical necessity (SI/IS), projected length of stay (based on appropriate projected DRG), projected clinical outcome (attainable goal), viable discharge plan, and necessary resource availability (beds, monitors, staffing, etc.).
* Makes appropriate referrals to physician advisor when documented care does not reflect defined criteria (SI/IS) per specific payor.
* Completes evaluation communication form and place under the progress note tab in the chart. Update as needed.
* Coordinates and processes admission to facility for efficient continuity of care, including physician communication, obtaining insurance verification and benefits with completion of pre-certification as indicated, communication with patient/family/significant other and referral hospital contacts.
* Collaborates and teams with clinical staff in facilitating and implementing physician orders to aid in the timely completion of patient care across the continuum.
* Collaborates with all appropriate Noland Health Services departments and/or hospitals to strengthen relationships and facilitate the referral process.
* Identifies and reports opportunities to improve the quality of care for patients in the organization, including patient complaint management and any unusual patient care issues.
Must possess a degree in Nursing or Respiratory Therapy. Bachelor Degree preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years clinical and marketing/sales experience required. Utilization Review experience is preferred.