We are seeking an Advanced Practice Clinician NP/PA to assist with Admissions, Observation, Follow-ups and Discharges. Offering program and procedure training at UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg.
- Evaluate clinical status of patients under appropriate physician direction and within scope of practice.
- Obtains and documents patient's complete medical history.
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical exam.
- Round daily on primary floors with the Hospitalist team discussing cases seen and treatment strategies.
- Rotates through hospital, assisting physicians with consults, admissions and discharges.
- Establishes a preliminary diagnosis.
- Implements treatment plans for common illnesses under indirect supervision.
- Accurately submit billing for services rendered.
- Respond appropriately to STAT pages/CODES for life-threatening emergencies in conjunction with the Hospitalist Team.
- Perform follow-up with patients or families as indicated, by phone.
- Contact patients with test results.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve the patient and family experience of care and to improve the use of resources.
- Maintenance of all hospital requirements relative to licensure and staff privileges (Medical Staff Rules and Regulations Bylaws).
- Obtain and maintain a valid PA license issued by the PA State Board of Medicine.
- Perform tasks which require technical skills, execution of standing orders, routine patient care tasks, and such diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as the supervising physician may wish to delegate which are within the acceptable scope of duties of the Physician Assistant.
- When necessary, assist the nursing staff in the performance of certain nursing duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.