PRN Positions Available :
Must be willing to work all shifts, including WE's:
Oaks on Parkwood Woodlands at Tannehill:
Excellent working environment:
Summary of Duties:
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN will be responsible for providing direct care to residents as needed in accordance with care plan, policies and procedures, and nursing standards of care.
Essential Job Functions:
* Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required and inform staff.
* Check residents on a regular basis to observe and evaluate physical and emotional status.
* Direct Nursing/Resident Care Assistants in the performance of their responsibility and report any concerns to the Resident Care Coordinator.
* Document according to policies and procedures and regulations.
* Chart nurse’s notes in an informative, descriptive, and legible manner that reflects the care provided to the resident and the resident’s responses to care and intervention.
* Report all discrepancies, problems, and issues regarding resident care to the Resident Care Coordinator.
* Transcribe and/or check physician orders to ensure orders have been executed.
* Administer and document medication administration per physicians orders.
* Complete assessments on all assigned residents on each shift.
* Report residents’ condition and shift occurrences to oncoming staff.
* Communicate with physicians, residents, families and nursing staff all pertinent information, clinical data regarding residents’ condition, and possible change in condition.
* Provide direct care to residents as needed in accordance with the care plan, policies and procedures, and nursing standards of care.
* Perform other duties including special projects, as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse LPN by the State of Alabama. One (1) year experience in a health care facility preferred. Must possess CPR certification within thirty (30) days of employment.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions:
* Must be able to move about intermittently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
* Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Nurse Nursing Licensed Practical Nurse LPN