* Full-time Resident Care Assistants - ALF/SCALF
* Evening Shift Openings
* Previous experience in a facility setting is preferred
* Previous stable work history required
* Excellent working environment
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for providing residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and plan of care and as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
* Provide nursing care to residents including activities of daily living.
* Keep resident rooms and resident care areas clean and neat.
* Orient new residents to facility.
* Document care as instructed and required.
* Report all changes in the resident’s condition (i.e., areas of redness, skin tears, bruising, mental status change, eating habits, etc.) to the supervisor as soon as practical.
* Check resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met.
* Assist in transporting resident to/from dining room, therapy, activity and social programs, etc., as necessary.
* Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
* Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc., as necessary, utilizing facility technique.
* Report any problems or concerns about resident care or any other area of concern to the charge nurse.
* Encourage and assist residents to participate in activities. Assist in conducting activities with residents as directed.
* Perform other duties as directed.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Resident Care experience preferred.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions:
* Must be able to move consistently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
* Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.