Responsible to direct the overall office operations. Directs, plans, coordinates and administers the overall operation of the Medical Records department.
* High school education or equivalent; some college preferred.
* Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures and guidelines.
* Accurate typing, filing and record keeping skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during emergency situations.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and general public.
* Must possess leadership and supervisor’s ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Review the department’s policy and procedure manual, job descriptions, cleaning schedules, etc., at least annually for revisions and make recommendations to the Administrator.
* Follow established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
* Meet with the receptionist on a regularly scheduled basis to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of service.
* Recruit, interview, and select personnel with the approval of the Administrator (if applicable).
* Schedule department work hours, personnel, work assignments, etc., to expedite work (if applicable).
* Complete performance evaluations timely (if applicable).
* Make daily rounds of reception area to assure that reception personnel are performing required duties and to assure that appropriate reception procedures are being followed (if applicable).
Perform other related duties as assigned.