To provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed, in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and facility policies.
* High school education or equivalent.
* One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or other related medical facility preferred (but not necessary).
* Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Assure that all Dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
* Work with the supervisor/designee as necessary to implement procedures and recommended changes as required.
* Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment and appearance of work areas in a clean, sanitary, and orderly fashion.
* Recommend to the supervisor the equipment and supply needs of the department.
* Review menu extensions prior to preparation of foods.
Perform other related duties as assigned.