This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
The Project Leader II reports to the IS Manager of their department and is responsible for working with user departments, project leaders and other IS resources to define requirements and implement solutions. Works on medium to large projects and requires in depth knowledge of the organization's operating procedures and information technology capabilities. Works independently and requires minimal supervision under the IS Manager.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Consults with Medical Center departments, analyzes their system requirements, and develops project plans utilizing standard methodologies for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
2. Utilizes IT Governance software to track projects, project budgets, resources and timelines.
3. Assists in negotiating, reviewing and processing vendor software, hardware and services contracts.
4. Communicates as needed to Medical Center departments, acting as a liaison between client and IS.
5. Analyzes requests for support that require system changes and recommends appropriate changes
6. Implements new system features in support of Medical Center departments with guidance from the IS Manager in very large or high level/visibility projects only.
7. Responds to Help Desk requests from systems users defining priorities, answering questions and resolving problems.
8. Ensures that all system changes are properly tested and documented prior to review and implementation, and that support staff are prepared for implementation. Ensures that all documentation has been submitted to the appropriate repository.
9. Communicates effectively in order to provide optimal support of all departments' information systems needs and to promote a professional climate throughout the Medical Center.
10. Actively participates in continuing education opportunities so as to maintain a current familiarity with emerging technologies.
11. Tests, and supervises testing, application systems as required or requested. Documents testing results.
12. Acquires a detailed working knowledge of software packages and applications (written or purchased) so as to assist the departments in the most efficient use of these applications.
13. Mentors, teaches and provides guidance to the Project Leader I level and below on project management methodologies and best practices.
14. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: BS preferred. Minimum of an AA Degree with 7 years relevant experience or 10 years relevant experience required.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None.
3. Experience: Seven years of progressively responsible project leadership, systems integration experience, preferably within a large healthcare environment.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must have an aptitude in computers and manual dexterity in the operation of data entry terminals and other office equipment, able to type at least 30 wpm, and able to translate user requirements into project plans.