This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
The Psychiatric Technician II work under the direct supervision of the Coordinator and the Professional Registered Nurse to provide a variety of patient care activities in the treatment and care of patients with psychiatric and substance abuse conditions. Manages behavioral problems and facilitates educational and activity groups. Is responsible for continuing his / her professional development to enhance practice standards. Actively participates as a member of the treatment team. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines, based upon completion of initial training with appropriate documentation and on going annual competency assessment. The initial competency assessment should be done six months post training, and annually thereafter. For documentation of testing performed, see the Education/Training/Competency file for the individual employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Works under the supervision of an RN to collaborate with physicians and other health team members in developing the patient plan of care based on on-going patient assessment and collects data for various assessments
2. Annually continues personal development to enhance personal growth.
3. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
4. Assists in the plan of care and discharge planning.
5. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Education: Bachelor in Social Work or a human related field.
2. Licensure / Certifications: American heart Association HS (Heart Saver) required.
3. Experience: Psychiatric Technician experience preferred.