The Outcomes Specialist has accountability for the development, implementation and evaluation of outcomes management programs for defined patient populations. The Outcomes Specialist provides education, consultation, and patient management skills for assigned patient populations or service lines. The principal role of this position is to assist the patient care team in achieving the quality care with best clinical cost and service outcomes. The incumbent utilizes a scientific approach in the analysis of patient care and identifies opportunities for quality improvement and cost reduction based on supportive literature and coordinates, negotiates, procures and manages the care of complex patients across the continuum. The Outcomes Specialist also provides leadership in identifying resource utilization, cost-efficiencies and programs or processes that are data-driven with ongoing program evaluation for cluster performance.
Labor & Delivery Advanced Practice RN experience needed or must be enrolled in CNS, NP, or Midwife program within 2 years from start date
- Requires advanced clinical skills; with appropriate credentialing based on the patient population (this is often reflected in an advance degree in the field of specialization; i . e . MSN or RRT.
- Requires knowledge of research/methodologies.
- Requires strong interpersonal; problem solving and analytical skills.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Requires effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Requires ability to lead and delegate effectively.
- Requires strong clinical expertise within assigned patient population.
- Requires the ability to educate patient populations and influence behaviors.
- Requires the ability to educate staff and serve in a mentoring role.
- Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in applicable software (spreadsheet; database; etc . ).
# LI - LVIUH