At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Nursing Supervisor. This is a Limited Part Time 12hrs/wk position working as a Hospital Supervisor at York Hospital.
The Nursing Supervisor coordinates and organizes personnel and other resources to meet the patient care functions of the organization, in a cost effective manner. Collaborates to provide crisis management, interpret policy and procedure, and assure timely and effective communication and collaboration between individuals and departments. The Nursing Supervisor represents the organizational leadership across all venues on 24 hour basis and collaborates to make decisions an act on behalf of the leadership team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assures the continuous and timely availability of urgent care, emergency, inpatient, and operative services to patients and families.
- Continuously monitors daily operations by integrating data from electronic systems, personal communication, and physical unit rounds to assure patient care effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction.
- Assures the safety and quality of patient care by allocating and redirecting resources, considering care demands related to acuity, patient and unit requirements and staff skill mix.
- Coordinates the routine flow of scheduled, direct, and emergency patient admissions to efficiently place patients in the appropriate care location, maximize capacity, improve satisfaction of patients, families and referring providers.
- Coordinates the organizational response during times of high census: collaborating with administrators and nursing directors, the Emergencry Department, Surgery Department, Critical Care, Cath Lab and Inpatient Nursing Units.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences you will need the following:
- (3) Years progressive management/leadership experience required (5) Years progressive management/leadership preferred.
- Previous experience as a Charge Nurse, Unit Coordinator or Director preferred.
- Current Licensure in the state of Maine as a Registered Nurse or Compact Licensure. Must be good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Must have critical thinking, analytical skills, organization/time management skills and be able to communicate effectively.