• Under general supervision of the Senior Clinical Applications Specialist.
• Function as a member of the technical staff providing technical programming skills.
• Responsible for all aspects of the successful operational condition of clinical and hospital information systems used throughout Lompoc Valley Medical Center (LVMC).
• Integrating LVMC's clinical systems to any vendor systems.
• Responsible for the creation of reports using various tools.
• Responsible for software maintenance, guidance, and assistance of the Clinical Systems Analyst.
• Coordinates system upgrades and releases between all affected departments.
• Assist in problem solving, system design modifications, program testing, and quality control requirements mandated by the support vendors.
• Communicate and provide assistance to all hospital associates as it relates to the IS Clinical applications.
• Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferably in the software development disciplines is strongly desired.
• Three years active and progressive experience in an Information Systems Microsoft Certified Database Administrator.
• Five years active and progressive experience in report writing with proven skills.
• Working knowledge of interfacing and data migration.
• Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 administration.
• Microsoft SQL Server 2003 - 2012 administration.
• Scripting in Visual Basic.
• FTP server administration.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP and 7.
• Project coordination skills necessary to coordinate multi-phase, multi-disciplined projects working with all levels of staff and vendors.
• Previous experience working with any Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in the acute care setting.
• Experience working with Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM).
• Experience writing Eclipsys Reports or Allscripts Medical Logic Modules.
• Experience as a report, rules and alerts writer for Eclipsys Sunrise Clinical Manager (SCM) and Sunrise Meds Manager (SMM / SRx).
• Microsoft SQL Report Services and Crystal report writing for clinical reports experience.
• HL7 programming experience.
• Experience with XSL, XPath and XSLT
• Formal Software Programming Training preferred
• Database Administration Certification preferred
· LVMC reserves the right to modify the minimum requirements depending on the needs of the organization.
• Proficiency in VB6, .NET VB/C# 2003 - 2013
• Proficiency in DTS, SSIS, SSRS, and stored procedures
• Expert understanding and ability to analyze and query application data schema.
• Good understanding of SQL and able to write/interpret statements.
• Excellent English oral, written and presentation skills.
• Able to work under pressure and understand the importance of close deadlines.
• Able to communicate at all levels.
• Able to work flexibly when demand requires.
• Good organizational skills, able to prioritize and work under pressure.
• Able to competently articulate solutions and problems to customers – both verbally or by presentation.
• Ability to follow through all tasks assigned.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Finger dexterity, motor coordination, hand-to-eye coordination, color distinction, visual acuity, talking, sitting, handling, lifting, pushing, hearing, balancing, competitive motions, stooping, bending, carrying, kneeling, clerical perception.
• The use of independent judgment and discretion.
• The ability to protect the confidential information.
• Analytical ability to participate in the development of policies and procedures as they relate to the medically trained staff members.
• Determine user needs from process descriptions.
• Analytical skills that demonstrate a high level of problem identification, evaluation, and conflict resolution capability.