Western Connecticut Health Network is seeking a Per Diem Surgical Physician Assistant (PA) with teaching responsibilities at Norwalk Hospital in Norwalk, CT. It is a great opportunity to have an active role supervising our Surgical Residents, work on the floor and actively in the OR. This position is to work as needed mostly Monday-Friday day shifts but could include occasional nights, evenings and weekends.
Work for Us
Working for Western Connecticut Health Network (WCHN), comprised of Danbury Hospital; New Milford Hospital; Norwalk Hospital; Western Connecticut Medical Group; and Western Connecticut Home Care, you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of other people. At the same time, you will grow your own skills and expertise - while simultaneously being well rewarded for doing so.
The Surgical Physician Assistants employed by Norwalk Hospital function under the supervision of the attending surgeon with ultimate responsibility to the Chairman, Department of Surgery. Surgical service coverage encompasses general surgery as well as surgical subspecialties including: Thoracic, Vascular, Urology, Colo-rectal, Bariatrics, Plastic & Reconstructive surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Gynecological surgery, and the SICU. Responsibilities include:
• history and physical examinations
• OR assisting
• all-inclusive pre- and post-operative care of patients
• Participate in the education and hands-on training of PA residents and PA students and medical students during surgical rotations at Norwalk Hospital
• Baccalaureate degree.
• Graduate of an approved PA Program and a post-graduate training program in surgery or at least one year surgical or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of surgical critical care, preferred.
• Current Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
• PA licensure by the State of Connecticut
• CT Controlled Substance and DEA Registration
• ACLS & BLS certification are required.
• Ability to work as needed mostly Monday-Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm day shifts but could include occasional nights, evenings and weekends, typically 1-2 shifts per month with occasional ability to work up to 8 shifts per month as needed.
position # 16149
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers. This philosophy calls for equal opportunities for employment, training, and advancement regardless of sex, race, creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.