Williamson Medical Center is hiring a Registered Nurse for Day Surgery in Franklin, TN. This is a full time position working from 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The position requires training in Endoscopy and also to be on a call rotation. This position is eligible for an excellent benefit package offering medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, voluntary life, short-term disability and long-term disability, free individual membership to Williamson County Recreation Centers and more!
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Plans, implements, and evaluates pre and post surgical patient care and non-surgical patient care for those receiving outpatient diagnostic and treatment services.
Formal Education / Training:
1. Earned a nursing diploma or degree from a college university.
2. Licensed in the state of Tennessee.
3. Minimum of one-year med/surg nursing experience.
4. Able to access Williamson Medical Center within thirty minutes for the purpose of providing Endoscopy call coverage.
5. CPR/BLS within 90 days of hire.
Equipment and Skills Training:
Standard patient care equipment for services provided. The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing knowledge to a variety of setting. General equipment to area and Network computer system, Pneumatic Tube System, Omnicell Medication System, Meditech Order Entry Computer System; AT&T Language Line.
A Day Surgery unit with patient population ranging from less than one year of age> ninety-nine years of age.
1. Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
2. Able to stand/work for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Able to lift and turn patients with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients within the appropriate time of admission utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination; including date obtained from patient, family and other members of the healthcare team.
2. Plans the patient’s care on an individual basis, identifying problems/needs, nursing diagnosis, standards of care/practice, interventions consistent with identified problems and attainable outcomes.
3. Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge needs as appropriate for patient population. Plans for and provides emotional and psychosocial support for patient and family.
4. Functions independently with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend of problem.
5. Handles/ transports/ stores/ prepares/ administers medications/ solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
6. Documents accurately and timely.
7. Reassess patient’s condition, evaluate patient response and modify plan of care accordingly and in a timely manner.
8. Accepts charge responsibilities and assigns staff with consideration of patient condition and care requirement, acuity and complexity of patient’s condition and facilitates staff development.
9. Maintains healing and therapeutic environment for the patient and family.
10. Maintains position specific qualifications.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications and special assignments.
12. Maintains their work areas and personal appearance in a way that reflects our professionalism and demonstrates to our patients, visitors, coworkers the importance we place on cleanliness, orderliness, and safety.