This position is responsible for planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care, developing nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary and communicating changes in patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
· They will provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
· This person will develop a nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
· This person will communicate changes in patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
· Participates in discharge planning process.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
· Completion of required education to obtain Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
· Minimum of one (1) year of experience in an Emergency Room hospital setting required
· Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact
· Required to complete the education necessary to obtain my BSN degree within four (4) years of my date of hire with Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
· BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association (AHA) required upon hire
· PALS and/or ENPC required upon hire
· CNE requirement: Forensic Evidence Collection in Continuing Education
· TNCC within 18 months of hire