UNC High Point Regional- Nocturnal Hospitalist Opportunity
UNC High Point Regional Hospital is seeking a Board Certified Internal Medicine/Family Practice Physician to join our well established Hospitalist Team. The new physician will join the current team of hospitalist in managing acute care patients and provide emergency department consults, as needed. Shifts are scheduled seven on/seven off.
UNC High Point Regional Hospital is affiliated with the University of North Carolina Health System and is the major health care system in High Point, NC, which includes a network of 130 physicians. High Point Regional consists of 351 beds, a closed 32 bed ICU with Electronic ICU at night, a 24 hour Cath Lab and Cancer Center.
- The nocturnist position hours are 8:30 to 7 am.
- Telemetry is mobile throughout the hospital which has a main acute care facility, and an adjoining Cancer Center housing Oncology, Inpatient Rehabilitation and Behavioral Health Units ran by their respective services.
- Responsibilities include admissions, code coverage, ED consults, occasional line placement and all required daily billing and documentation on all patients.
- Hospitalists are assisted with assignment and discharge to PCP referral by CMA navigators on week days.
- PA/NP support is available 7 pm-7 am, mainly for cross cover issues and some admissions help.
- Emergency Department
- 70,000 visits/year – with day ICU Intensivist admissions and after-hours electronic ICU admissions by employed hospitalist service.
- HPRH is a level three trauma center with an on-call trauma team.
- HPRH ED utilizes Tele-Neuro for Stroke and TPM consideration.
- HPRH utilizes Peds/Hospitalists for patient under the age of 17.
- Sub-specialty support
- In-house, hospital employed general surgical, urology and orthopedic support.
- Anesthesia back-up for codes and airway management.
- ICU specialty support remotely through UNC-Chapel Hill, Mercy contract.
- Patients requiring acute sub-specialist support or critically/seriously ill are transferred out.
- Epic EMR inpatient implementation May 21 2016. All employed UNC outpatient offices are already utilizing Epic EMR.
- 7 day on / 7 day off schedule
- Night Shift 8:30 pm to 7am
- Medical admissions, eICU admissions and turn-over with code response backup to eICU and occasional line placement.
- ED consults, as needed.
- Assist in arrange transport of patient requiring alternate or higher level of care.
- Attend floor codes and also ICU codes as back-up.
- ACLS certification
- Competitive MGMA salary is offered plus quality
- Sign on bonus, paid CME days & fund reimbursement, and paid annual leave (vacation).
- Matching 401(k) and malpractice insurance.
- Great work/life balance in a diverse community with Affordable Cost of Living, located 90 minutes from Raleigh and Charlotte North Carolina.