Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
CRNA's will provide anesthesia under the direction of a physician and will see a variety of cases.
• Care for patients before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery
• Performing point-of-care testing
• Select, order and administer pre-anesthetic medications
• Providing acute, chronic, and interventional pain management services
• Utilizing anesthetic techniques such as ultrasound, fluoroscopy, and other technologies to improve diagnosis and care delivery and improve patient safety and comfort
• Select, prescribe and administer post-anesthesia medications or treatments
• Evaluate patients post-surgical and post-anesthesia responses
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have a strong understanding of pre-anesthesia medications and post-anesthesia medications
• Ability to make sound judgements of analytical, physical and manual dexterity functions of a patient
• Ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative environment
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and an accredited school of nurse anesthesia
• New graduates are encouraged to apply
• 2-3 years of experience as a CRNA preferred but new graduates will be considered
• Registered Nurse Anesthetist Certification required
• Current Massachusetts RN license required
• ACLS preferred