Adventist Health Sonora is part of a mission focused non-profit health care system whose vision is to transform the health experience of our community by improving health, enhancing interactions, and making care more accessible. This focus on our vision and mission has led us to receive the CALNOC Performance Excellence Award three years in a row and earn the CNOR Strong designation and Bronze CAPE Award in 2016. Our organization prides itself on being the best place to work, and we think our employees have everything to do with that! We are located in a gorgeous area near Yosemite, offer excellent benefits, employ a skilled tenured Perioperative staff, and provide a supportive environment where you'll have the chance to do what you do best, every day.
More reasons to consider joining Adventist Health Sonora:
· Competitive pay, excellent benefits (health, dental, vision, life, disability, paid time off, FSA)
· Director stipend to cover cost of health plan contributions
· Tuition reimbursement up to $7,000
· Recognition program dedicated to valuing and praising team members
· Unique, faith based mission that promotes whole healing
As the RN Director of Surgical Services, you'll be responsible for daily operations of the department, staffing, quality of care, budgeting, physician and staff relations and all aspects of operations of department. You'll provide the clinical direction and coordination of the team, the financial component including capital equipment purchasing, operational budgets, all policies, procedures, hiring, firing, ensure operational efficiency, and provide excellent quality, patient satisfying care in a safe environment. In addition, you'll work closely with the medical staff to ensure compliance with all rules, regulations, bylaws and licensing requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Promotes optimal patient care that is in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements by supporting and maintaining nursing standards and department policies and procedures.
· Responsible for planning the budget and operating the department productively.
· Responsible for providing high quality patient care and a positive patient experience; participates in annual quality improvement projects, audits and goals.
· Attend meetings and workshops to keep abreast of changes in techniques and/or products; evaluate and select products to be used by using products or comparing information and prices
· Interview, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and terminate subordinate personnel
· Manages and monitors staff performance by establishing accountability and performance goals related to overall goals and targets
· Providing tools to do the job, coaching, giving feedback, counseling, providing training and development; Be a resource to staff and keep open lines of communication
· Schedule adequate staff to ensure efficient, effective, and safe nursing care is provided
· Holds department clinical leaders responsible for their job duties, including patient rounding, staff rounding and displaying appropriate leadership qualities.
Education and Qualifications
· Five years relevant nursing experience required
· Leadership experience required
· An active California RN license in good standing
· BSN/Masters preferred
· Ability to write policies, procedures, forms and contracts
· Mathematics applications for accounting, budget, financial reports, statistics
We'd love to hear from you! Visit this QUICK APPLY link: http://adventisthealthccr.com/ or contact Mattie Loeschner at LoeschMR@ah.org for more information.