Glendale Adventist Medical Center (GAMC) is a 515-bed hospital built on the Seventh-day Adventist faith and mission to improve the health of communities and to share God's love by promoting healing and wellness for the whole person.
The Respiratory Therapist is an individual who is professionally skilled in the application of basic and critical respiratory care services and must have the ability to work well without supervision as well as maintain supervision over others. This position's primary area of responsibility will be focused on providing care for the adult and geriatric patient. As applicable, the RCP in emergency situation will provide care for the neonate, infant, child or adolescent.
· Actively participates in self-development to improve knowledge and enhance professional competence.
· Assesses and documents the appropriateness of prescribed therapy (including recommendations) for patients receiving respiratory care services.
· Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve maintenance of patent patient airway. This includes suctioning and CPT.
· Conducts/administers prescribed therapeutic procedures and pharmacological agents including med neb, humidity therapy, oxygen administration, and ventilatory support.
Education and Qualifications:
· Graduate from AMA accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
· Possess a current and valid California Respiratory Care Practitioners Certificate. Registered Respiratory
· Therapist Credential is required or testing must be in progress. Current BLS, PALS, and ACLS, for critical
· care/Bronchoscopy/Thoracentesis Lab and for NICU, NRP certificates
· Must either meet NBRC elig. Req. or advanced placement exam , or be RRT.
Benefits (determined based on hours & position):