Glendale Adventist Medical Center (GAMC) is a 515-bed hospital built on the Seventh-day Adventist faith and mission to improve the health of communities and to share God's love by promoting healing and wellness for the whole person.
The Registered Dietician promotes departmental policies/ procedures and departmental activities for quality nutritional care. These activities include the assessment of patients to determine those at nutritional risk. Responsible for the provision of quality nutritional care through utilization of Nutritional Care Plans; facilitating appropriate meal patterns, monitoring nutritional intake, initiating appropriate interventions, and providing nutritional education.
· Acts as an educational resource for health care team personnel including dietetic interns, patients, family members and community.
· Coordinates nutrition care of patients with diet clerks and provides guidance.
· Documents nutrition care appropriately, accurately and thoroughly in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Participates in Organizational Performance Improvement programs for the department and medical center.
· Performs all responsibilities/duties required by Registered Dietitian as defined in the scope of practice, to ensure nutritional needs of patients.
· Performs nutrition assessment, reassessment and patient/family education in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food & Nutrition. Dietetic Internship or its equivalent. Registered Dietitian.
· Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
· At least one year of acute care experience in a hospital setting.
Benefits (determined based on hours & position):
· Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
· Employee Wellness Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Group life and AD&D insurance
· Matching 401(k) and 403(b) retirement plans
· Paid time off & holidays
· Sick leave accrual
· Long-term disability insurance
· Insurance discounts
· Tuition reimbursement
· Credit union
· On-site child care
· Employee assistance program