Glendale Adventist Medical Center (GAMC) is a 515-bed hospital built on the Seventh-day Adventist faith and mission to improve the health of communities and to share God's love by promoting healing and wellness for the whole person.
Perform packaging, manipulative, repetitive, or other non-discretionary tasks related to the furnishing of drugs, while assisting and under the direct supervision and control of a pharmacist. The Pharmacy Technician fills the unit dose cassettes from the patients profile on a daily basis. They are responsible for the delivery of the cassettes to the nursing units.
· Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs, including expiration date checking.
· Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
· Fill cassettes/orders/medication requests appropriately.
· Fully functions in IV room including chemo-therapy preparations.
· Stocks and supplies nursing units, and automated dispensing machines (Omnicell).
· Assist nursing with pharmacy-related questions not requiring a pharmacist's attentions.
· Clean, and help maintain, equipment and work areas.
· Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, and supplies.
· Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
· Transfers medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic technique.
· Add measured drugs or nutrients to intravenous solutions under sterile conditions to prepare intravenous (IV) packs under pharmacist supervision.
· Deliver medications and pharmaceutical supplies to nursing stations or surgery.
· Enters billing/credit data into computer system.
Education and Qualifications:
· High School or College trained person preferred.
· Reasonable typing skills needed.
· Pharmacy technician license from CA state board of Pharmacy.
· 3 years clinical hospital including IV room experience required.
Benefits (determined based on hours & position):