Cape Cod Healthcare is the leading provider of healthcare services for residents and visitors of Cape Cod. With more than 450 physicians, 4,700 employees, and 1,100 volunteers, Cape Cod Healthcare operates two-acute care hospitals, the Cape's leading provider of homecare and hospice services (VNA), a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility (JML Care Center), an assisted living facility (Heritage at Falmouth), the Cape's only local laboratory service (CCHC Laboratory Services) and numerous health programs. We are currently seeking a dedicated Switchboard Operator to join our team at Cape Cod Hospital.
Cape Cod Healthcare offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Efficiently operates communications systems within department guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides excellence in Customer Service through efficiently and accurately directing calls to appropriate individuals and departments using a positive and friendly tone.
2. Handles emergency calls in a timely and effective manner in a fast paced environment.
3. Prioritizes, receives, analyzes and determines proper routing and handling of all calls related to fire and security issues, alarms, codes and drills.
4. Appropriately manages multiple modes of communication, including but not limited to; e-mail, telephones, pagers, radios and overhead paging.
5. Revises on-call schedules for Clinical and Ancillary Departments.
6. Updates communications database.
7. Maintains STAT log, pager log and key log.
8. Issues and receives communication devices when requested.
9. Control lockset keys as required.
10. Performs other work related duties and activities as assigned or requested.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Cape Cod Hospital's commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
· Able to read, write and communicate in English.
· Acute hearing and demonstrable ability to speak English clearly.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Basic PC skills.
· Twelve months experience in a position that receives a minimum of 100 incoming calls per 8 hours day and/or 3 years' experience within the past 5 years as a Secretary, Scheduler, Patient Access Representative, Patient Account Representative, Information Desk Receptionist, Booking Clerk, EC Tech (that works triage) or Food Service Clerk.