The Certified Nurse Anesthetist, is a current California State Registered Professional Nurse and has completed an accredited course in anesthesiology and authorized to practice set forth by the American Society of Anesthesiologist. The CRNA will work under the direct supervision of and be responsible to the Chief of Anesthesia, Medical Staff and the Director of Surgical Services to ensure productive, cost effective, and quality patient care is delivered. The CRNA and Registered Nurse assigned to a patient is responsible for the safety of the patient, while in the operating suites.
The CRNA, through assessment of the individual patient and their planned procedure, will formulate and initiate an individualized plan of care; will evaluate the effectiveness of the plan and re-evaluate as needed, implementing any needed adjustments of changes required to achieve the desired outcome. The CRNA will be responsible to anticipate the needs of the surgical patient and provide the required support while maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient.
Proctoring requirements of the AHP Medical Staff policy will be adhered to by all CRNAs.
· Graduate of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist program and/or licensure by examination.
· Prefer 2 years experience in the Operating Room.
· Require documentation of requested practice prerogatives with 100 patient care activities within the preceding two (2) years to the Medical Staff Office.
· Requires the ability to plan and problem solve in an efficient and timely manner. Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to develop and foster teamwork among co-workers.
· Require documentation of Continuing Education in the past two years to Medical Staff Office as required.
· Current California Registered Nurse license.
· Current California Registered Nurse Anesthetist license
· Current AANA (Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists) Certified Nurse Anesthetist certification
· Current BCLS and ACLS certification.
Submit Resume/Application to