The Lead Rehabilitation Therapist, under the direction of the Manager, is responsible for providing evaluation and treatment upon physician referral to a patient population consisting of varying diagnosis. In addition, the Lead is responsible for the supervision of the daily operations of the service. The Lead Rehabilitation Therapist is responsible for carrying out assignments in a manner to assist the manager in achieving success in financial management, human resources management, leadership, quality and operational management objectives. The Lead Rehabilitation Therapist participates in program development and unit performance improvement. The Lead Rehabilitation Therapist consistently demonstrates the core values of Enloe Medical Center and serves as a role model to other employees.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Three years of experience as a licensed rehab professional (physical therapist or occupational therapist)
- Five years experience as a licensed rehab professional
- Recent management experience
- Membership in a professional organization and attendance to conferences regarding management and supervision of employees
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy license from the appropriate State of California licensing board.
- CHT certification
- Current CPR recognition
- Valid California Driver's License
- Eligible to be insured under the Medical Center's Liability Policy with DMV Report (and minimum age 21)
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Knowledge of regulatory requirements and quality improvement processes is necessary as well as the ability to successfully integrate these into practice for the assigned unit. Must have knowledge of or ability to learn financial management and reporting, quality improvement processes, and human resources management. Must be able to effectively monitor, evaluate and administer the resources of their assigned area, and make substantiated recommendations regarding resource allocation needs for future planning purposes. Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally both one-on-one and in groups. Must have the ability to lead, motivate, delegate, analyze information and problem solve. Must demonstrate technical competence, professional clinical judgment. Behavior should be reflective of Enloe Medical Center core values.