The Memory Support Community Life Enrichment Coordinator requires that 50% of total work hours are scheduled to provide care and services as the Community Life Coordinator and 50% as the Memory Support Coordinator. The Memory Support Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all memory care services including supervision and direction of memory care neighborhood staff. The Community Life Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining activity programs to meet the physical, social, psychological, spiritual and emotional needs of residents.
* Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS); or NCAAP Certified Activity Professional required
* Two years’ experience in social or recreational program within the last five years required
* Bachelor’s degree in human services, related health care field required
* Active CPR certification required
* Minimum of 1-year supervisory experience preferred
* Experience developing, supervising and facilitating specialized memory care programs preferred
Memory Support Coordinator Responsibilities and Expectations:
* Demonstrated knowledgeable of disease process, recognizing memory associated changes, interpreting how changes may affect function and identifying strategies to maintain abilities.
* Responsible for assuring residents rights are met.
* Meets with new admissions to assess, plan, support and counsel on memory care needs.
* Coaches’ staff to properly respond to resident’s memory care related emotional and/or psychological needs.
* Initiates and maintains relationships with resident and family that positively impact their morale.
* Orients residents and families and assists in adjustment through program involvement.
* Conducts periodic memory support groups for families, staff and outside stakeholders.
* Completes and maintains a memory support history and assessment for each resident upon admission and ongoing updates as needed.
* May assist the Marketing/ Admissions team with networking, providing tours, lecturing and attending related conferences/events.
* Maintains a current community resource file for memory support education and community resources.
* Designs and conducts formal/informal education and/or counseling sessions for residents, family members and staff; this may include: intervention skills, re-motivation/behavioral programming, orientation skills, coping skills and other appropriate modalities.
* Timely completes required forms and paperwork.
* Provides input into the development and ongoing review of resident Interdisciplinary Care Plans.
* Makes daily rounds to assess quality of care performance, teamwork and quality service.
* Conducts monthly neighborhood meetings regarding planning, policy changes, program changes, upcoming education and resident care issues.
Community Life Enrichment Coordinator Responsibilities and Expectations:
* Design, schedule, procure materials and implement programs to meet individual and group needs.
* Organize, schedule and arrange transportation for residents to attend community events.
* Perform initial and ongoing resident assessments to determine appropriate activities.
* Collaborate with care team to ensure care plans are up-to-date, accurate and appropriate.
* Maintain department records to be accurate, concise and meet all regulatory standards.
* Safely transport residents and guests to programs.
* Encourage residents to participate in scheduled events.
* Arrange physical environment in preparation for activities to ensure resident and guest safety.
* Create a welcoming and festive environment for residents and guests.
* Promote and support culture of patient centered care and service.
Presbyterian Senior Living is a large non-profit organization comprised of a variety of locations, services and levels of care. Our organization is dedicated to our mission to provide compassionate, vibrant and supportive communities and services to promote wholeness of body, mind and spirit.