$17 - $19 per hour starting wage:
All shifts available:
1st shift 6:30am-2:45pm
2nd shift 2:30pm-10:45pm
3rd shift 10:30pm-6:45am
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Memory Care provides personal care, Activities of Daily Living, and assists with programming to CBRF and/or Memory Care residents of Capri Communities LLC, with adherence to organizational and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1.Adheres to the written Resident Care Plan to:
* Assist RCAC, CBRF and/or Memory Care residents in maintaining their greatest independence with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and nutritional needs. Also provides assistance with preparing meals, laundry and maintaining a clean, safe physical environment.
* Assist residents with mobility and transfers.
* Assist residents with medical administration and maintains related reporting requirements.
2.Assists Lifestyle Enrichment department by performing assigned activities with Memory Care residents during each shift. Programming activities performed can be scheduled, or as directed by Executive Director, or by Lifestyle Specialist and/or Coordinator.
3.Perform delegated tasks as instructed by the Nurse Manager, Senior Memory Care Manager, Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Lead Caregiver or Lifestyle Enrichment Specialist/Coordinator.
4.Perform acceptable standard healthcare practices.
5.Assists with housekeeping duties in resident or common areas (vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, cleaning, etc.) as scheduled or directed.
6.Observes and reports resident’s condition and safety hazards to Nurse Manager, Senior Memory Care Manager, Assistant Executive Director or Executive Director in a timely manner.
7.Documents observations and activity participation in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
8.Maintains excellent work attendance; is punctual for work shift.
9.Possesses organizational skills necessary to carry out shift duties and to complete assigned tasks while promoting residents emotional well-being and ability.
10.Protects residents’ health information according to HIPPA policies and procedures and federal and state law and regulations.
11.Maintains professional appearances, attitude and demeanor while on duty.
12.Maintains knowledge of State Regulations and updates for DHS 83 (as appropriate for CBRF and/or Memory Care services).
13.Attends all mandatory staff meetings and in-service training opportunities.
14.Performs other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Completion of CNA license plus 2-4 years of experience required plus;
* High School education preferred, not required
* Completion of all CBRF certifications preferred
* Six months of experience as a personal aide, Caregiver or equivalent life experience
* Reliability and Flexibility in Scheduling - Must demonstrate excellent attendance; must be able to work holidays and weekends and cover as required by resident needs.
* Ability to demonstrate patience, understanding, tolerance and emotional/physical ability and experience to meet the daily needs of our residents.
* Government Compliance – Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with all building regulations and DHS requirements. Maintains all training requirements as directed by DHS 83 and/or 89. Ensure that all fair housing standards are met at all times. Comply with OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, and any other reporting requirements
* Resident Satisfaction – Provide, promote, and require high-quality resident relations. Review and/or resolve complaints, and alert Nurse Manager of any unusual activities or problems.
* Quality, Safety, and Physical Condition – Administer care that meets or exceeds company safety and physical condition standards. Cooperate in maintaining safety and security of residents and employees. Ensure that residents and staff are informed about safety issues, regulations, and requirements necessary. Ensure the safe and appropriate execution of food preparation and use of equipment. Enforce compliance with regard to safety and health issues as well as appropriate food standards.
* Compliance in Relias and in-service training.