SHIFTS NOW AVAILABLE
BCBS Health Insurance
BCBS Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short Term Disability
Life Insurance/ Accidental Death
Paid Annual Leave
Summary of Duties:
Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA will be responsible for providing each of the assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
* Assist in providing nursing care to residents as assigned including activities of daily living such as bathing, eating, grooming, toileting, and obtaining vital signs.
* Provide and document medication assistance as directed.
* Provide assistance to the residents as needed in preparing for medical testing, activities programs, and visitation.
* Maintain residents living area clean, neat, and change linens as directed.
* Greet newly admitted residents upon admission. Escort resident to room.
* Report changes in the resident’s condition (i.e., areas of redness, skin tears, bruising, mental status change, eating habits, medical needs, etc.) to the charge nurse immediately.
* Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes as needed.
* Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc., as necessary.
* Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc., as necessary.
* Obtain and record the resident’s blood sugar, as directed, using the Free Style Glucose Monitoring machine.
* Utilize the Smart Charting IPAC to record the selected ADLs and meals.
* Complete incident reports in a timely manner along.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA or obtain certification within 4 months of hire. Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA experience preferred.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions:
* Must be able to move consistently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
* Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
CNA Certified Nursing Assistant C.N.A.