The HOUSEKEEPER performs day-to-day housekeeping services ensuring a clean, attractive facility in accordance with all laws, regulations and Company standards. Reports to Director of Environmental Services.
* Works throughout facility (i.e., resident rooms, therapy rooms, dietary)
* Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours
* Subject to frequent interruptions
* Involved with residents, associates, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances
* Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, associates, etc.
* Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and in other positions temporarily as necessary
* Subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day
* Possible exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
Education and Experience:
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred
* Prior healthcare experience preferred
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
* Must be knowledgeable of environmental services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing environmental services functions in the long-term care facility
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel
* Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the environmental services department
* Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and complaint procedures
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
* Must be able to perform day-to-day housekeeping duties including dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting, polishing, emptying wastebaskets, cleaning, replenishing and mopping
* Must be able to lift 30 lbs floor to waist; lift 10 lbs waist to shoulder; lift and carry 30 lbs; and push/pull 40 lbs.
* Must practice dependable, regular attendance