Responsible for the operations of the business office, including; accounts receivable, patient billing, accounts payable, payroll, central supply and Resident Trust Fund.
* High school diploma or equivalent, BA degree in Accounting or Business is preferred.
* Three years of experience in accounts receivable, collections or similar
* Sets up and maintains financial files for residents: billing, admission papers, state and Medicare reimbursement documents.
* Completes receipt records, posts deposits, runs cash receipts batch listings, researches, prepares and posts adjustments, calls in deposits, and enters census into HPAS daily.
* Coordinates and performs the collection of accounts receivable and past due accounts.
* Reviews payment policies and procedures with new admissions and their responsible parties.
* Prepares billing for agencies, Medicare, veterans, and other billing agents.
* Administers an reconciles resident trust accounts and petty cash.
* Prepares and submits corporate, Medicare and agency reports, ensures posting of ancillaries, and performs month-end close procedures.
* Provides supervision and assistance to the Payroll Benefits Coordinator, A/P processor and other business office staff.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.