Seeking Experienced Cook!:
Part-Time Position Open!:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Prepares food in accordance with menus, diet specifications, sanitary practices, and resident preference under the supervision of the Food and Nutrition Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
* Prepares and serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance. Ensures food safety by practicing safe food handling..
* Ensure proper temperatures compliance of the following: cold storage, dry storage, food prep/service and dishwashing machine standards.
* Follows recipes, menus and diet spreadsheets plus records necessary substitutions.
* Assures that food supplies are available. Notifies supervisor of needed supplies.
* Maintains a clean, sanitized and safe work area. Completes daily and scheduled cleaning duties.
* Ensures proper storage including labeling and dating foods. Discards improper stored and outdated foods.
* Follows proper cleaning and sanitation procedures according to manufactures instructions..
* Follows department and facility fire safety.
* Promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to supervisors immediately.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously and with dignity following confidentiality standards and promotes resident rights.
Meet qualifications as required by local or state regulations. Must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of one year supervisory experience helpful. One year working in the food services or health care environment preferred. Must hold Food handler’s and ServSafe certification as state requires.
KEYWORDS: COOK, cook, Cook, Line Cook, linecook, Chef, Executive Chef, culinary, culinary school, entry level, cook/prep, Cook/Prep, Prep Cook, PREP COOK, LINE COOK, dishwasher/prep cook, caregiver
Prestige Post-Acute Rehab Center - Edmonds:
Our new center, Prestige Post-Acute and Rehab Center – Edmonds, is more than 48,000 square-feet. It features a fireplace, bistro and beautifully decorated common areas.:
A large, modernized rehabilitation gym, including high-tech therapy equipment and a training center for activities of daily living, help our interdisciplinary health care team deliver high-quality, compassionate post-acute rehabilitative care to patients recovering at the center. Our goal is to help patients recover and smoothly transition from the hospital back to home and community. Our dedicated staff and providers help to measure recovery journeys every step of the way to make sure you or your loved one is receiving the right level of care. We assist in helping individuals return home with an active, independent lifestyle.
Prestige Care in about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.::
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care::
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following::
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage:
· HSA/FSA accounts:
· Employer paid group life and ADD insruance:
· 401(k) plan with company match:
· Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays:
· Employee Assistance Program:
· Commitment to career development and continuing education:
· Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement:
· Flexible scheduling:
· Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!:
*Benefits may vary by location: