We are looking for a temporary, Full-Time RN, Case Manager for our Memorial Cornerstone Medicine clinic.
The RN Case Manager is responsible for facilitating/supplementing the staff nurse role in reviewing, interpreting, integrating and analyzing patient clinical findings.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSBILITIES include:
* Correlates clinical finding and care recommendations effectively and collaboratively to achieve targeted outcomes.
* Reviews all clinical findings and diagnostic reports. Correlates medical record findings with patient assessment findings.
* Ensures appropriate utilization of ancillary tests and treatments are relevant to the financial, regulatory and clinical aspects of care.
* Ensures progressive continuity and flow of care.
* Ensures referrals are followed through in a timely manner.
* Maintains knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party reimbursement methods.
* Identifies potential risk management or quality issues and resolves through intervention or refer as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Associate's degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred.
Experience: Previous acute care nursing experience preferred.
Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Washington State (DOH) Registered Nurse licensure required. American Heart Association BLS required. Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance required.
Additional requirements: Cell phone for use during working hours; car for travel to and from home visits during shift.
Virginia Mason Memorial, part of the Virginia Mason Health System, is made up of a 226-bed hospital as well as 20+ primary care and specialty care practices/services. We are a nonprofit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for more than 60 years. We are seeking remarkable employees with a passion for patients and customer service to add to our growing team!
We offer a three-tier benefit plan including medical, dental, vision coverage, plus a generous 401K plan (with matching!), life insurance options, competitive compensation, an employee wellness clinic and leadership development and education.
Why do we do what we do? As the region's leading health care provider and Yakima's largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we can transform Yakima! Our vision is to "create healthy communities one person at a time." This means that each member of our award-winning team works to provide our patients, and their families, with the best medical and individual care possible. We work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
"Virginia Mason Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will."