For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in Americas heartland. Men and women who have served sons and daughters, grandchildren, neighbors and their country in countless ways both small and great. Now its our turn to help. We consider it a privilege to serve those who have passed on to us, “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”
At the heart of every Americare community is a philosophy of person centered care. This philosophy guides every decision we make. Person centered care comes alive in our communities and truly makes a difference in the lives of our residents, their families and our co workers. Over 90% of Americare employees would recommend their community as a great place to work.
To be fully considered applicants must include resume with their salary expectations.:
Our Housekeeper employs cleaning procedures to assure orderly attractive rooms in facility. Review schedule and communicate with co workers as to individual assignments. Perform cleaning assignments for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Advises supervisor of completed assignments. May inventory stock or supplies to ensure adequate supplies. May investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action. Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies and all common areas to determine need for repairs or replacement of items and communicates to manager. Report any equipment malfunction or need of repairs to supervisor. Attend in service training per facility requirement. Document regarding concerning work assignments, periodic reports and time card. Attend periodic staff meetings with other departments to discuss company policies, complaints and make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
Essential Duties include the following:
* Plan, organize and implement using housekeeping services work schedule.
* Responsible for cleanliness of facility including resident rooms and common areas.
* Report necessary repairs and maintenance needs to supervisor.
* Care of plants and flowers if assigned.
* Terminal cleaning of each resident unit and preparation for new admission.
* Ensure work cart and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner.
* Ensure legible labels are on all chemicals in accordance with OSHA standards.
* Utilize proper personal protective are on all chemicals in accordance with OSHA standards.
* Utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and see that it is clean and in good repair.
* Knowledge of Hazard Communication Program and become familiar with material safety data sheets as well as assist in keeping manual updated with current chemical information.
* Grade school education and minimum age of 18 years of age
Benefits of Joining our Team:
* Opportunity to work with a professional team in a growing industry
* A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to succeed
* Competitive compensation and a great benefit package including 401(k)
* Paid time off and holidays
* Medical and dental insurance
We call it Americare, you will call it your second home! Come be a part of an amazing team caring for the elders of our community. They will melt your heart with their stories and you will build relationships that will last a lifetime! If youre interested in becoming a part of this rewarding career please come by and check us out! We are currently accepting applications for Caregivers and Cooks!